Voluntary Action Support Team
The “Voluntary Action Support Team” (VAST) Program offers a platform for service users and community members to actively engage with the organisation, gain valuable skills, and contribute to its mission while recognising and rewarding their efforts through the “Rainbow Awards” program. This initiative fosters a sense of ownership, empowerment, and community within the LGBT+ network.
What to expect:-
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will acknowledge your application within 14 days
- You will be invited for a 3-hour interview/trial shift at a time that suits you – At the interview, you will speak with the Volunteer Coordinator and spend 2 hours in the hub learning about services and supporting staff on shift
- After your trial shift you will be invited to Induction Training which takes place on the last Thursday of the month from 6pm-8pm
- Once you are set up you can request your first volunteering shift(s)
*This does not apply for event-based Grampian Pride volunteers. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch separately about the Grampian Pride volunteer process
Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 4 hours per month, engage in our Rainbow Awards 4 Voluntary Excellence (RAVE) program to improve skills, gain experience and give back to the community. For More information about the RAVE program please speak to our VAST manager, Linda.
Current Roles Available:-
- Support & Engagement Volunteer
- LGBT+ Outreach Volunteer
- LGBT+ Inclusion Volunteer (QuEST)
- Training & Awareness Volunteer
- Community Researcher (PATH)