FOUR PILLARS – JOB DESCRIPTION – FP/JD/004 – SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT WORKER
JOB TITLE – Support & Development Worker.
LOCATION – Four Pillars, 33 Regent Quay, Aberdeen, AB11 5BE.
REPORTING TO – CEO
CONTRACT HOURS – Short term 1 year contract for 22 hours per week 4/7 (will be extended based on funding availability)
SALARY – £9.50 p/h
RESPONSIBLE FOR – Supporting service users and developing volunteers within the LGBT+ hub
JOB PURPOSE – Ensure the smooth running of drop-in service and groups, administration tasks, shift control, stock management & general upkeep of the hub, ensuring safety and security of staff and service users. Support & development of volunteers. Support new business and fundraising opportunities and report back to the management team and its representatives on a regular basis.
- Support day to day running of the LGBT+ hub
- Provide daily cover of the Hub and maintain volunteer deployment to ensure service user requirements are met
- Serve customers, provide general advice & information
- Provide 1-2-1 and group support when needed
- Support in the recruitment, management, and administration of volunteers
- Provide a rewarding and supportive environment for volunteers, offering training and development where needed
- Stock management and ordering
- Ensure facilities are maintained to a high health & safety level at all times
- To attend management and committee meetings for all business divisions as and when required
- Support for fundraising events
- Organisational skills
- Basic IT skills, experience with Office 365
- Strong local community ‘networking’ capability
- Good social & communication skills
- A background of driving growth, performance and increased productivity within LGBT+ sector
- Personality traits to include a blend of professionalism, high emotional intelligence, authenticity and a passion for developing people
- A strategic thinker and team builder who can motivate and energise
- The post involves a flexible approach to ensure smooth running of charity activities.