FOUR PILLARS – JOB DESCRIPTION – FP/JD/002 – CEO
JOB TITLE – Chief Executive Officer.
LOCATION – Four Pillars, 33 Regent Quay, Aberdeen, AB11 5BE.
REPORTING TO – Board of Trustees
CONTRACT HOURS – 36 hours per week 5/7
SALARY – £20,592
RESPONSIBLE FOR – All aspects of the day to day running of the charity
JOB PURPOSE – Ensure the smooth running of all charity activities, operation, administration, maintenance & upkeep, safety and security on a day to day basis. Promote new business and fund-raising opportunities and report back to the committee and its representatives on a regular basis.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape, growth opportunities, sector developments
- Implement the short- and long-term strategic growth strategy
- Lead and develop the organisational map and ensure outcomes are recorded
- Assess, monitor and minimise risks to the charity
- Report to Trustees on status of services, activities and finances
- Contribute at Board Level to the strategic development of the charity
- Provide a strong corporate governance framework and promote best practice in all business activities
- Recruitment, management, and administration, of all employees, contractors, service personnel, volunteers, ensuring a safe place of work with safe working practices at all times
- Ensure facilities are safe for members of the public at all times
- To attend management and committee meetings for all business divisions as and when required
- Provide a challenging but rewarding and supportive environment for employees, offering long-term career development
- Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory HSE requirements and Four Pillars HSE procedures. This includes maintaining registers of and organising first aid refresher courses, reviewing first aid cover, staff disclosure and any specialized HSE and job related training requirements
- Manage and administer all staff payments and remuneration in accordance with staff contracts of employment terms and conditions, fiscal regulations, taxation, National Insurance and pensions regulations, as delegated by the Treasurer
- Prepare and authorise payments for service providers
- Issue invoices and allocate income from sponsors / donors as appropriate
- Maintain and present day to day and monthly accounts in compliance with Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator (OSCR) requirements, small business a charitable institutions accounting practices and submit to Treasurer
- Assist Treasurer in preparation of statutory accounts and annual budget forecasts
- Organise and administer in coordination and under supervision of Treasurer all charity Banking and financial affairs including acting as an authorised signatory to bank accounts for the deposit, withdrawal and movement of charity funds
- Hub Security; Maintenance of a list of key holders; Servicing, testing and regular routine exercising of emergency alarms, procedures, equipment and facilities including all compliance with safety regulations for public access buildings and spaces
- Provide daily cover of the Hub and maintain staffing levels to ensure service user needs are met
- Organise resources and cover for any weekend or evening activities in the hub
- Organise cover for sickness / holidays and liaise with Trustees any and all investigations into unexplained absences, disciplinary matters and irregularities as may become apparent in relation to staff employment and contracts of employment compliance
- Provide ad hok 1-2-1 support for service users
- Ensure cover of all groups
- Ad hoc support for fund raising events / charity publicity
- Organisational skills including management and control of small groups of own staff
- Business skills including Business IT and development, communications and employee/ public relations.
- Strong book-keeping, record keeping and local community ‘networking’ capability
- Social & communication skills towards committee, staff, user groups and general public.
- A background of driving growth, performance and increased productivity within LGBT+ sector
- An experienced senior leader that has change transformation skills
- Personality traits to include a blend of professionalism, high emotional intelligence, authenticity and a passion for developing people
- A strategic thinker and team builder who can motivate and energise
- The post involves a flexible approach to ensure smooth running of charity activities.
- The post involves close liaison with trustees, particularly Treasurer and Chair/ Vice Chair with a keen awareness and understanding of scope and limits of the Community Relations Managers’ authority especially where these relate to Four Pillars financial regime and work authorisations.